For those of you who often consume alcohol, of course, want to know how long the alcohol content is in your body. Too much alcohol is not good for brain health and function. For this reason, many alcoholics eventually go to alcohol detox centers so they can get the right treatment from the addiction to alcohol.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is 8.jpg

Knowing how much alcohol is in your body is very important because it prevents a bad reaction when you take the drug afterward. But actually, how long can alcohol levels be in someone’s body?

How long the alcohol content persists in the body depends on what type of test is done. The following is an estimate of the time period until when alcohol can be detected with each test performed:
– in breath. Alcohol can be detected in the breath through a breathalyzer test for the next 24 hours after drinking alcohol.
– in urine. Alcohol can be detected in urine for 3 to 5 days through an ethyl gluconoride (EGT) metabolite test. While through the traditional method, the alcohol content will still be detected in the urine for up to 10-12 hours after you drink.
– in the bloodstream. Alcohol can be detected in a blood test for up to 12 hours after drinking alcohol.
– in saliva. In saliva tests, alcohol content can still be detected positively for the next 1-5 days.
– in the hair. Yes, alcohol can still be detected in the body when testing hair follicular drugs for up to 90 days after you drink alcoholic beverages.

Consuming alcohol certainly has several benefits when you are able to consume it in the right amount or level. Excessive levels of alcohol will actually make a negative effect on the body. When you consume alcoholic beverages, alcohol will first enter the digestive system. However, alcohol is not digested like other foods and drinks. About 20 percent of alcohol from your glass of drink goes directly into the blood vessels. From blood vessels, it is directly taken to the brain. While the remaining 80 percent goes into the small intestine, then it just enters the bloodstream.